130: "I trust that the feelings I’m having right now will be taken care of with whatever comes next." Season finale and wrapping up FAHM with Jen and Nani
With mixed feelings, but mostly feeling satisfied, Jen and Nani wrap up season three of The Filipino American Woman Project for 2021 and reflect on the final content that was collectively produced by our community for Filipino American History Month.
With no clear details on when we'll be starting season four, we encourage our community to stay in touch with us via:
- Newsletter - http://eepurl.com/cO0bif
- Text message or voice message - 415-484-8329
- Our new book club at http://www.buyusboba.com/ Buy us a minimum of one cup of boba and notify in the notes that you want to join us!
Special thanks to Kirby Araullo for hosting "Color Our Roots" on Thursday, October 28th, 2021! Purchase any of his books at a discounted price when you visit https://www.kirbyaraullo.com/ and use promo code: TJN15. For a replay of Kirby's Live show: https://mailchi.mp/091e71570a00/tfawproject-7965525
Recap + Resources from FAHM (in chronological order):
- Ep. 126: "I'm happy to be in a space where Filipino American History Month is more about celebrating it as opposed to fighting for it." Celebrating FAHM for the 3rd year with Jen and Nani https://www.tfawproject.com/episode/126
- Ep. 013: [TJN Exclusive] "My sense of responsibility to myself, my people, and my community is a lot greater than my fears." A deep dive into podcasting with Jen and Nani https://www.buymeacoffee.com/p/731412
- Ep. 127: “That’s part of my calling as an artist; going with the flow of how the world changes through storytelling.” Broadway performing, life pivots, & choosing curiosity over shame with Jesca Prudencio https://www.tfawproject.com/episode/127
- Ep. 128: "Happy Filipino American History Month!" October Events and Exclusive content only available on Tsismis with Jen and Nani https://www.tfawproject.com/episode/128
- Ep. 014: [TJN Exclusive] "History is not just about throwbacks to the past. History is about what's happening now and what we're doing for the future." Interview with Kirby Araullo https://www.buymeacoffee.com/p/746564
- Facebook & YouTube Live - Coloring Our Roots with Kirby Araullo https://mailchi.mp/091e71570a00/tfawproject-7965525 | Use Promo Code "TJN15" when you purchase a book at https://www.kirbyaraullo.com/
- Ep 015: [TJN Exlusive] "The pinoys have only one objective: to marry someone with economic security." Discussing America Is In the Heart by Carlos Bulosan with Caitilin Damacion https://www.buymeacoffee.com/p/758489 | Connect with Caitilin at https://caitilindamacion.com/
Read our farewell newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/6e2098877aaa/tfawproject
ABOUT US: Welcome to the Filipino American Woman Project - A Podcast Show that shares stories and life lessons told by individuals living (or have lived) in America, that are of Filipino descent and identify as female or non-binary.
UPCOMING BOOK: Special thanks to the Bulosan Center for Filipino Studies at UC Davis for the opportunity to present our academic paper, Pinay Podcasters: Building a Self-Sustaining Community Through Storytelling, Collective Healing & Learning, and Collaboration. The initial draft is now available! Read more at http://pinaypodcasters.com/
RECOGNITION: December 2020, we were nominated and received an Honorable Mention at the Asian American Podcaster's Inaugural Golden Crane Podcast Awards. August 2020, Jen Amos participated as a speaker on behalf of TFAW Project for PodFest Global, which now holds the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for Largest Attendance for a Virtual Podcasting Conference in One Week. May 2020, we were recognized as “Amplifying Asian Women Voices” on Spotify during AAPI Heritage Month.
We've also been featured in Realtime Community Oakland, Mochi Magazine, Ossa Collective, SUPERBANDS, Chopsticks Alley, FoundHer by Entrepinayship, Spotify, PodFest Expo, Philippine American Foundation for Charities, When In Manila, You Are Collect;ve, San Diego Union Tribune, NBC 7 San Diego, and much more! Read more at: https://linktr.ee/tfawproject.featured
CONTACT US: Find us on social media: Instagram @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Facebook @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Twitter @thefilamwoman, YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-IzWjkLCof3Pf7TW8ExyXw