126: "I'm happy to be in a space where Filipino American History Month is more about celebrating it as opposed to fighting for it." Celebrating FAHM for the 3rd year with Jen and Nani
This episode is also available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/PnpMi2JCb8s
Jen and Nani (and special guest baby Hiro) kick off their third year of Filipino American History Month via video! They reflect on the first two years of FAHM, how the show continues to thrive from the collective effort of our community, and their privilege to document oral history for generations to come.
- Nani's sending out newsletters again! If you haven't received the last two, be sure check your SPAM folder for email@example.com
- Sponsor our off season episodes starting November by supporting us on http://buyusboba.com/ !! Every 20 cups of boba between now and November will guarantee a bonus episode in the off season. Anonymous donations are optional.
- Filipino American National Historical Society + this year's Filipino American History Month's theme: http://fanhs-national.org/filam/about/
- Throwback article written by Nani: 2020 Anti-Terror Law: What’s Going On in the Philippines and Why You Should Care https://www.mochimag.com/activism/2020-anti-terror-law-philippines/
- Chachi with KasamahanCo Podcast (formerly known as Reclaiming Filipinx Identity)
- Joyelle Marie
- Kaylena on Instagram @kay.leena
LOVE OUR SHOW? Show your support and get exclusive access to the "Tsismis with Jen & Nani" podcast by visiting http://www.buyusboba.com/
Read what's new with our show: https://mailchi.mp/8311c532035d/tfawproject
FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY: Receive the latest stories and life lessons from our community by subscribing to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cO0bif
GUEST APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN! Apply today: https://forms.gle/6cyCnXdNQMDznFt58
ABOUT US: Welcome to the Filipino American Woman Project - A Podcast Show that shares stories and life lessons told by individuals living (or have lived) in America, that are of Filipino descent and identify as female or non-binary.
UPCOMING BOOK: Special thanks to the Bulosan Center for Filipino Studies at UC Davis for the opportunity to present our academic paper, Pinay Podcasters: Building a Self-Sustaining Community Through Storytelling, Collective Healing & Learning, and Collaboration. The initial draft is now available! Read more at http://pinaypodcasters.com/
RECOGNITION: December 2020, we were nominated and received an Honorable Mention at the Asian American Podcaster's Inaugural Golden Crane Podcast Awards. August 2020, Jen Amos participated as a speaker on behalf of TFAW Project for PodFest Global, which now holds the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for Largest Attendance for a Virtual Podcasting Conference in One Week. May 2020, we were recognized as “Amplifying Asian Women Voices” on Spotify during AAPI Heritage Month.
We've also been featured in Realtime Community Oakland, Mochi Magazine, Ossa Collective, SUPERBANDS, Chopsticks Alley, FoundHer by Entrepinayship, Spotify, PodFest Expo, Philippine American Foundation for Charities, When In Manila, You Are Collect;ve, San Diego Union Tribune, NBC 7 San Diego, and much more! Read more at: https://linktr.ee/tfawproject.featured
CONTACT US: Find us on social media: Instagram @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Facebook @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Twitter @thefilamwoman, YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-IzWjkLCof3Pf7TW8ExyXw